What can be decoded from a Generic VIN?
Decode a Generic VIN number with Vincario to get
- Generic vehicle identification number verification
- Vehicle technical specification
- Manufacturer details
- Model year
- Plant location
- Check digit validity
European vehicles also add
- Odometer reading
- VIN check in 6 national police databases of stolen vehicles
- Czech Republic
- Vincario - Our own database of stolen cars, motorbikes, trucks etc.
- Real Vehicle Market Value
- Learn what's the common vehicle price and odometer reading on the market.
Vehicle report example:
Generic Motor Distribution GmbH
Gewerbeparkstrasse 11, A-3500 Krems, Austria
Fuel Type - Primary:
Engine Displacement (ccm):
Sport Utility Vehicle (SUV)/Multi Purpose Vehicle (MPV)
Left Hand Drive (LHD)
1500CC 16-VALVE DOHC EFI
ATM, 4-SPEED FLOOR SHIFT
Common market price and odometer reading by a model year (example).
Market overview comparing Price and Odometer reading (example).
Price distribution (example).
Enter Generic VIN into a search field above to double check what vehicle details are available.
What is a Generic VIN?
Every Generic manufacturer assigns a unique ID called Vehicle Identification number (VIN) to each vehicle. This VIN length is 17 digits and is composed of letters and digits holding basic vehicle specification.
All databases in an automotive industry search through a VIN:
- Generic manufacturer database
- Generic importer/exporter database
- Generic dealer database
- Generic workshops and spare parts suppliers
- National vehicle databases
- Police databases
- Databases of insurance companies
- Databases of private companies
Generic VIN Number schema
EU & North America
more than 500 vehicles/year
|EU & North America
500 or fewer vehicles/year
Where is a VIN Number Located on a Generic vehicle?
VIN can be found typically at these locations:
- VIN embossed on a vehicle frame in the engine area
- Windshield on the driver's side corner
- Doorjamb at driver’s side
- Vehicle documentation
- Vehicle registration documents
- Purchase contract
- Insurance or Lease policy
More details can be found in Generic VIN FAQ.
Generic Vehicle Inspection
Also do not forget to physically check the technical condition of your Generic vehicle. Either in an authorized Generic service or by an experienced car mechanic.
Check of a Generic vehicle history is usually the first step so don't hesitate to enter VIN into a search field below.