What can be decoded from a Porsche VIN?
Decode a Porsche VIN number with Vincario to get
- Porsche vehicle identification number verification
- Vehicle technical specification
- Manufacturer details
- Model year
- Plant location
- Check digit validity
European vehicles also add
- Odometer reading
- VIN check in 6 national police databases of stolen vehicles
- Czech Republic
- Vincario - Our own database of stolen cars, motorbikes, trucks etc.
- Real Vehicle Market Value
- Learn what's the common vehicle price and odometer reading on the market.
Vehicle report example:
Firma Dr Ing HCF Porsche AG
71283 Weissach, Weissach, Germany
PORSCHE Cayenne 92A
Fuel Type - Primary:
Engine Displacement (ccm):
4x4 - Four-wheel drive
Permitted trailer load without brakes (kg):
Common market price and odometer reading by a model year (example).
Market overview comparing Price and Odometer reading (example).
Price distribution (example).
Enter Porsche VIN into a search field above to double check what vehicle details are available.
What is a Porsche VIN?
Every Porsche manufacturer assigns a unique ID called Vehicle Identification number (VIN) to each vehicle. This VIN length is 17 digits and is composed of letters and digits holding basic vehicle specification.
All databases in an automotive industry search through a VIN:
- Porsche manufacturer database
- Porsche importer/exporter database
- Porsche dealer database
- Porsche workshops and spare parts suppliers
- National vehicle databases
- Police databases
- Databases of insurance companies
- Databases of private companies
718 Boxster GTS
718 Boxster S
718 Boxster T
718 Cayman GT4
718 Cayman GTS
718 Cayman S
718 Cayman T
911 Carrera 4
911 Carrera 4S
911 Carrera Cabriolet
911 Carrera GT
981 Boxster S
Porsche VIN Number schema
EU & North America
more than 500 vehicles/year
|EU & North America
500 or fewer vehicles/year
Where is a VIN Number Located on a Porsche vehicle?
VIN can be found typically at these locations:
- VIN embossed on a vehicle frame in the engine area
- Windshield on the driver's side corner
- Doorjamb at driver’s side
- Vehicle documentation
- Vehicle registration documents
- Purchase contract
- Insurance or Lease policy
More details can be found in Porsche VIN FAQ.
Porsche Vehicle Inspection
Also do not forget to physically check the technical condition of your Porsche vehicle. Either in an authorized Porsche service or by an experienced car mechanic.
Check of a Porsche vehicle history is usually the first step so don't hesitate to enter VIN into a search field below.