What can be decoded from a Subaru VIN?
Decode a Subaru VIN number with Vincario to get
- Subaru vehicle identification number verification
- Vehicle technical specification
- Manufacturer details
- Model year
- Plant location
- Check digit validity
European vehicles also add
- Odometer reading
- VIN check in 6 national police databases of stolen vehicles
- Czech Republic
- Vincario - Our own database of stolen cars, motorbikes, trucks etc.
- Real Vehicle Market Value
- Learn what's the common vehicle price and odometer reading on the market.
Vehicle report example:
Subaru of Indiana Automotive Inc
5500 State Road 38 E, Lafayette IN 47905-9405
UNITED STATES (USA)
Fuel Type - Primary:
Engine Displacement (ccm):
Continuously Variable Transmission (CVT)
Sport Utility Vehicle (SUV)/Multi Purpose Vehicle (MPV)
4x4 - Four-wheel drive
225/60 R18 100H
Fuel Consumption l/100km (Combined):
Fuel Consumption l/100km (Extra Urban):
Fuel Consumption l/100km (Urban):
Common market price and odometer reading by a model year (example).
Market overview comparing Price and Odometer reading (example).
Price distribution (example).
Enter Subaru VIN into a search field above to double check what vehicle details are available.
What is a Subaru VIN?
Every Subaru manufacturer assigns a unique ID called Vehicle Identification number (VIN) to each vehicle. This VIN length is 17 digits and is composed of letters and digits holding basic vehicle specification.
All databases in an automotive industry search through a VIN:
- Subaru manufacturer database
- Subaru importer/exporter database
- Subaru dealer database
- Subaru workshops and spare parts suppliers
- National vehicle databases
- Police databases
- Databases of insurance companies
- Databases of private companies
Impreza WRX STI
Subaru VIN Number schema
EU & North America
more than 500 vehicles/year
|EU & North America
500 or fewer vehicles/year
Where is a VIN Number Located on a Subaru vehicle?
VIN can be found typically at these locations:
- VIN embossed on a vehicle frame in the engine area
- Windshield on the driver's side corner
- Doorjamb at driver’s side
- Vehicle documentation
- Vehicle registration documents
- Purchase contract
- Insurance or Lease policy
More details can be found in Subaru VIN FAQ.
Subaru Vehicle Inspection
Also do not forget to physically check the technical condition of your Subaru vehicle. Either in an authorized Subaru service or by an experienced car mechanic.
Check of a Subaru vehicle history is usually the first step so don't hesitate to enter VIN into a search field below.