What can be decoded from a Volvo VIN?
Decode a Volvo VIN number with Vincario to get
- Volvo vehicle identification number verification
- Vehicle technical specification
- Manufacturer details
- Model year
- Plant location
- Check digit validity
European vehicles also add
- Odometer reading
- VIN check in 6 national police databases of stolen vehicles
- Czech Republic
- Vincario - Our own database of stolen cars, motorbikes, trucks etc.
- Real Vehicle Market Value
- Learn what's the common vehicle price and odometer reading on the market.
Vehicle report example:
Volvo Car Corporation
SE-405 31 Goteborg, Sweden
VOLVO V60 FW29 FW29L0
Fuel Type - Primary:
Engine Displacement (ccm):
215/50 R17 95W
Wheel Rims Size:
7J X 17 ET50
Fuel Consumption l/100km (Combined):
Fuel Consumption l/100km (Extra Urban):
Fuel Consumption l/100km (Urban):
Permitted trailer load without brakes (kg):
Common market price and odometer reading by a model year (example).
Market overview comparing Price and Odometer reading (example).
Price distribution (example).
Enter Volvo VIN into a search field above to double check what vehicle details are available.
What is a Volvo VIN?
Every Volvo manufacturer assigns a unique ID called Vehicle Identification number (VIN) to each vehicle. This VIN length is 17 digits and is composed of letters and digits holding basic vehicle specification.
All databases in an automotive industry search through a VIN:
- Volvo manufacturer database
- Volvo importer/exporter database
- Volvo dealer database
- Volvo workshops and spare parts suppliers
- National vehicle databases
- Police databases
- Databases of insurance companies
- Databases of private companies
Volvo VIN Number schema
EU & North America
more than 500 vehicles/year
|EU & North America
500 or fewer vehicles/year
Where is a VIN Number Located on a Volvo vehicle?
VIN can be found typically at these locations:
- VIN embossed on a vehicle frame in the engine area
- Windshield on the driver's side corner
- Doorjamb at driver’s side
- Vehicle documentation
- Vehicle registration documents
- Purchase contract
- Insurance or Lease policy
More details can be found in Volvo VIN FAQ.
Volvo Vehicle Inspection
Also do not forget to physically check the technical condition of your Volvo vehicle. Either in an authorized Volvo service or by an experienced car mechanic.
Check of a Volvo vehicle history is usually the first step so don't hesitate to enter VIN into a search field below.